Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Look Who's TWO!!!

Monday, Shepherd turned two years old.  I can't believe it.  And I really can't believe that on his second birthday, we have a three month old.  If you had told me that two years ago, I would have laughed, and then maybe cried a little, and then laughed some more.

We had a wonderful time watching Shepherd open presents.


Notice Lydia's participation.  She is pretty content to chill on the sidelines.

The night before, I stayed up until one in the morning decoration and cooking.  BJ walked out of our bedroom at 12:45 to find me hanging the bunting.  His exact words: "Seriously, Kalyn?"  Yes, I seriously decorate for my son's birthday.  Seriously.



Monday evening, we had some friends over to celebrate.  There is nothing like celebrating the birth of your wonderful son with wonderful friends who also love him.




Before everyone left, I asked Steve to take a picture of the four of us.  The kids weren't that into it, so BJ and I overcompensated with ridiculously exagerated smiles.   We look wierd.  So all in all, a pretty accurate family portrait.

Lydia then got tired of the party.

That pretty much sums up the day.  Needless to say, it was a wonderful day, not despite of all the chaos created by my children, but rather because we were specifically celebrating Shepherd and his chaos-inducing little self.   I love my little buddy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

two years of pure fun and joy. Love this little fella.

Mamm