Saturday, October 20, 2012

The New Title

For three months now, I've had a daughter, which means that for three months, Just Me and My Boys has not been an appropriate title for my blog.  I hadn't changed the title yet, though, because I could not come up with a good replacement.  But finally, I've decided on a title that fits what this blog has always been and hopefully will continue to be: Doing Family Nerd Style.  Since deciding, I've had several moments of confidence about this title.  Here is a list of just a few:

-BJ turning on a podcast of Hardcore History about Genghis Khan for the two minute drive from the YMCA to our house.

-Me reading Stanley Hauerwas's Hannah's Child: A Theologian's Memior aloud to BJ as road trip entertainment on our way to Ft. Worth.

-Us showing off Shepherd's "Little Trekkie" t-shirt at his birthday party. Shepherd loves their theme song.

-Watching the presidential debate with Lydia in her "Babies for Obama" onesie.  Lydia is such a nerd.

-Going to a museum exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls with BJ, and BJ excitedly buying a t-shirt that says, "Hebrew? It's Greek to me."

Yes, I'm pretty sure this title will work.

No comments: