Thursday, March 06, 2014

Post-Vacation Chaos

I love the anticipation part of trips. I like packing and planning and making list after list after list. I find the actual vacation part slightly less enjoyable (although I do LOVE being around family and friends). For a stay-at-home mom, leaving home is really just doing your job under less ideal conditions. We stay-at-home moms build sacred routines that keep our toddlers from being crazy. Trips tend to shatter those routines, thus making our jobs much more difficult.


However, nothing compares to the chaos of returning from a trip. I loath unpacking. I hate the disarray into which it plunges my house. I feel frazzled by my overly-exhausted, hyper-emotional offspring (and it takes a good two weeks for them to get anywhere close to back to normal).


Thankfully, all bags are officially unpacked and put away. The kids are almost back to normal. And my house is clean in parts, so I'll take it.  Maybe now, blog posts will start coming up with a little more regularity. But until then, here is a picture of Lydia demonstrating the way I've been feeling the past few weeks: like my world is flipped upside down.



No comments: