Sunday, January 04, 2009

We made it back!!!

It has been a long week and a half since my last post. We have spent most of the time on the road. And, of course, I finally got to see my Texas. It was wonderful. In the past week, I have had a chile relleno, chicken taco salad, stuffed bell-peppers, a whole lot of rice and refried beans, and my favorite fast-food take on Mexican, Taco Bueno. So yeah, it was a good week.

The best part of my week was getting my Christmas present from my mother. Turns out, that crazy lady has spent the past six months slaving aver a quilt for me, and I had no idea. It is a bear paw quilt (my favorite pattern) and it has some of Grandma Farr's fabric in it. I've already got it on our bed upstairs. Here is a picture of it right after I opened it.


Christmas was wonderful, but I can sincerely say that it felt pretty good coming home. This house and this area has become home to us in a short period of time, but as always, one has to leave for a little while to truly realize that where they live has become a home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a safe trip to Texas and back home. I am happy to hear you are glad to be back home. Marshal and I enjoy "our home" in Spring Branch as well. Like you said it is good to get away and then come back. You appreciate home more. When you get a chance e-mail me your number...my phone found the washer. -Haylee-

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you love the quilt- she was soo excited to give it to you! Love- Deborah