Sunday, January 25, 2009

what's up

My blog is supposed to be a record of my life, and it recently occured to me that most people probably wouldn't really know what I am up to if they had read my blog the past couple of months. To remedy this, I've decided to do a quick post that is simply what is going on in my life, so here it is.

  • The biggest change in my life is my new job as administrative assistant in the AIMS program at Murray State University. I love my job. Or rather, I love the people I work with, and I am coming to love the job also as it is developing. In the summer, we will have over a hundred high school students on campus taking college courses (I might even teach an art course). It promises to be an interesting summer.
  • I have also started a new graduate program this month. I am seeking a Masters in Public Administration. Right now I am taking the introductory course. Basically, I am reading page after page after page analyzing our political system. As a political junky, it is not half so boring as it sounds.
  • My favorite time of the week is when BJ lets me proof his sermons. I get to ask him all the hard questions, decipher what he is trying to say but not quite saying, and help him work through arguments that aren't developing. It is challenging and facinating and wonderful. But, shh, don't tell anyone a woman is helping with the sermons.
  • Despite being really busy, my main goal is to keep up my art. I know I am pursuing a degree far and away from an MFA, but art is still my first priority. It just unfortunately doesn't make money. So, anyways, I've been working every night on art when I'm done with homework. This is the painting I just finished (please excuse what an awful photograph this is):

So that is life. Work, study, paint. Not a bad life, or at least I'm not going to complain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That painting is awesome. What talent you do have. Must be your mom's genes!