Thursday, February 12, 2009

A few things I love about my husband: A Valentine's post

We aren't the sort of couple that puts too much into Valentine's Day. In fact, the plan for this year is that I will make a fancy Italian meal, and BJ will make some brownies. We might even light some candles and drink sparkling grape juice in wine glasses. That is about as far as we go.

But Valentine's is the day of love, so I'm going to get all mushy for a second and reflect on a few things I love about BJ:

1. Since I started working full time, he does the dishes every night.

2. He can pull out really good one-liners from Scrubs. I think he does it so well because he is entirely too much like the leading character, JD.

3. He can laugh at himself. Sunday, some of our youth group girls made him do Wii Fit, and he was a very good sport about his character being chubby and rubbing his belly.

4. He doesn't hide what he is thinking or feeling, so I don't have to sit around trying to read his mind.

5. He's is the consummate budgeter. It takes a lot of work on his part, but he keeps us out of the red.

6. He likes it when I play the piano, and he always encourages me on my art.

7. He never compromises his ethics for security. (I'm sorry to say that this has sometimes not been my favorite trait.)

8. He's genuine.

9. He doesn't have even an inkling of pretentiousness about him.

10. Being married to him is never, ever, ever boring.

No comments: