Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Texan put out in the cold...

For the past two mornings, I have watched steam from my exhaust pipe freeze directly on the asphalt. It is currently a whopping 14 degrees, which saddly enough, is toasty after yesterday. Why do I live here?

Quick update: BJ and I still have no power at our house. Our dogs are in Alton with BJ's parents, and I am missing them terribly. We watched a movie on BJ's lap top last night that had a huge dog in it with very cute ears. It made me miss Gus's ears. I actually missed a dog's ears. But other than missing certain aspects of normal life, I just feel very blessed right now to have friends with a generator.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Happy Birthday, friend! I mailed you a birthday card Monday, but I have no idea what your mail situation is like. Hopefully, you'll get it before too long. We drove through Kentucky last weekend on our way to Nashville with some friends. It was crazy to see all of the trees knocked down. It definitely looked like a disaster zone. I'm glad you are all safe, and I'm praying for power to be restored soon.
It's supposed to be in the 50s(!) here this weekend. Woo-hoo! Time to bust out the shorts. I hope KY will be enjoying warmer weather, as well. Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

The dogs miss you, too but are doing fine. Gus is eating(half his food and half Shaggy's food) and Sienna isn't moping around. They have a routine already. In the morning they get us up at 6 to let them out and then they all want their breakfast. When they get done with that, they look out the upstairs front windows and bark at all the people getting off to school and work while I'm getting ready for work. When I get home from work, I can hear them greeting me from the driveway and you better stand clear when they all try to squeeze out the door at the same time. In the evenings they arrange themselves around the coffee table. My feet are being kept toasty. They'll be filled with joy when you come to get them tomorrow. We'll be excited to see you, too.

Love you,
Mom G