Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blame it on the fever

I apologize for being delinquent on my blog this week, but I have a really good excuse. You see, I'm currently wrapping up day 5 of a nasty virus that has been accompanied with high fever, non-stop coughing, and things coming out of my nose that I didn't actually believe could fit in there.

Unfortunately, when I run fever for long, sustained periods of time, psycho-Kalyn has a way of coming out of the closet. For example, last night my brother was on a bus heading back to Winters from Austen, and he had not called me by the time I thought he should have returned. So I called to check on him, but there was no answer. So I called again and again and again... I tried to space my calls out by at least a minute or so, but sometimes I couldn't wait. Around the time I was convinced that something terrible had happened, he answered the phone. In the background, I could hear a pack of screaming high schoolers, and my brother simply grumbled at me, "I'm not home yet." I giggled and wrestled psycho-Kalyn back in her closet long enough to say, "Alrighty! Call me when you get home. hehe."

So this is how I handle five consecutive days of fever. I am hoping and praying (and I would appreciate prayers from everyone else) that this fever breaks and I can get back to work. Until then, please forgive all the errors that are inevitably in this fever-induced post. And family, please forgive me when psycho-Kalyn strikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have lived with your father for almost 28 years, psycho-Kalyn does not scare me. Hope and pray you are feeling better.
Love you,
Mom

Kayla said...

So sorry you're sick! I'm praying for you to recover soon. I would be psycho, too, if I had been sick for five days. :)