Friday, April 03, 2009

oh, our dogs

If you were to peruse the past two and a half years of my blog, you would find a lot of posts about how disgusting and weird my husband's dog is. I hate to say this, but Sienna is not a very good dog. She is stinky, gluttonous, and mischievous. But she is quite beautiful, so as an artist who thrives on aesthetics, I like having her around.

Because of Sienna's issues with gluttony, we have to keep a very tight leash on her diet (i love puns). Usually, she is good about eating only what we put in her bowl, but yesterday afternoon when we weren't looking, she scooted over to her food bag and polished off what was left of her food (about 2 to 3 meals worth). BJ was angry, and immediately decided that since she had eaten the food meant to be her dinner last night and her breakfast this morning, she would just not be getting those meals. He sure wasn't going to be making a special trip to Walmart to get her more.

So this morning, Sienna started whining, and her eyes clearly conveyed this message: "I'm starving father. I am wasting away. I'll blow away in the wind if you don't give me substanance. Don't make me die. I don't want to die." BJ, in true BJ fashion, did not care. Here is a conversation between BJ and I a little after the whining session:

BJ: Could you please let your dogs in.
Me: So they're both my dogs now.
BJ: Excuse me. Could you please let your dog in and let my dog wander in behind him.

I'm hoping BJ and Sienna make up later today, because this is kind of ridiculous.

Gus and I are having our own problems. This is the time of year when he sheds, so everytime I turn around, there is another spot to vaccuum. Last night when I brushed him, the pile of hair I pulled out looked like a Pomeranian. Poor little guy. He always looks depressed when I brush him, and the dreaded spring hair cut is fast approaching. Last year he didn't eat or play for a week afterwards, so I'm hoping this year goes better.

Reading over this blog, it strikes me how neurotic our dogs are. I guess the good thing about dogs is that they'll never go to some shrink and find out BJ and I are the reason for their neurosis. Instead, they'll just go on being weird and making fodder for my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think ya'll are way too hard on Sienna. Sorry.

Love to all,
Mom P.