Thursday, April 30, 2009

A weekend in the life of two Kentucky homeowners

I have never (and I mean never) had a green thumb. In fact, I've killed everything I've ever tried to grow. But now that I am a homeowner with window boxes and domestic responsibilities, it seems time to give the great outdoors another try. So last week, I planted vinca vines and fiber optic grass in our window box:And then, upon deciding that I spend too much money on herbs, I planted an herb garden. If they survive me, who knows, I might try having kids next.


But of course, since I get bored quickly outside, I decided that the pots should be painted. Now that's my kind of gardening.


After I was done gardening, BJ and I decided it was time to trim Gus. First, BJ tried to brush out all of the extra hair that he is currently shedding.


Later, the trimming began, but BJ got so angry at the dysfunctional hair trimmer (or Gus or me - no one really knows at what or whom he was angry), he quit after trimming the torso. So Gus has been running around for about a week with short hair on his torso but long hair on all four legs, his head, and his tail. He looks stupid, but I wouldn't really call that a recent development.

So that is how we spent our weekend. I think it was good for all, except of course Gus who just ended up with a bad hair cut. It's "ruff" being a long-haired dog (I know that was cheesy, but I don't care).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flower boxes and pots look great. Can't wait to taste the herbs in some of your great cooking!
Love, Mom G

Mrs. Gray said...

I'm going in a different order: I'm currently going for keeping an ivy alive... then I plan to upgrade to herb garden, then fish, then probably a dog. All of which I'll need to prove to myself I am capable of sustaining life in before I would consider children. Oh, and I'm hoping by that time I'll have one of those "husbands" too. :-)