Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Musings of a Mom in Mid-Afternoon

It is 3:00 in the afternoon, and like most stay-at-home moms, I'm already exhausted. Here is how my days are going right now:

-paint for five minutes
-rescue Shepherd from total destrustion
-throw diapers in the wash
-rescue Shep
-try to clean for five minutes
-rescue Shep
-try to throw food together for meals
-rescue Shep
-repeat fifty times over
-you get the idea

Shepherd is getting into so much. So very, very much. He has toys, but they are apparently less interesting than the electrical cords, art materials, large black dogs, and hard objects with sharp corners that populate our home.

Here is a picture I took of Shepherd earlier today:

I like the caption BJ gave this picture when he saw it: "What can I get into next?" That is the constant question plagueing each moment of my day. What will Shepherd get into next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, baby boy. Keep Mommy busy!Love,
Mamm

John said...

I do still wonder if the soul of Tony managed to get into Shep.