Saturday, May 14, 2011

What a Week

Well, we have come to the end of a week. Shepherd had a very full and fun week. I thought I would share with you all a few of the exciting things Shepherd did this week.

-When I bath, I sit Shepherd on the bathroom floor with a few toys so that I can keep an eye on him. One day this week, instead of playing with his toys, he knocked all of my toiletries off of my lower vanity shelf, opened a bottle of petroleum jelly, and dug in. You can imagine.

-Through out the week, I've caught Shepherd licking the kitchen trash can several times. Apparently, the metal feels nice and cool on his tongue.

-Shepherd has developed a facsination with our toilet tissue. He spent a lot of time this week on the bathroom floor gazing up at the white roll of softness and goodness. He is determined to get his hands on it, but it is for the moment just out of reach.

-I watch TV when I fold laundry. I don't want Shepherd watching TV until he is much older, but when I peaked over my neatly folded piles of laundry, this is what I saw:

-In what was perhaps one of his best stunts of the week, I caught Shepherd sticking his little baby fingers through the holes of the laundry basket in which we keep his wet and dirty diapers. He then stuck those same sweet baby fingers into his mouth (the mother of this child shakes her head here).

Of course, the week wasn't all mischeviousness and trouble. He also pulled himself up to standing for the first time this Thursday. I applauded him and got really excited. But then I thought of the roll of toilet paper just beyond his grasp and all the new things within his reach when he is standing. Oh, boy.

No comments: