Friday, June 10, 2011

BJ's Parenting Techniques: Part 3

It has (finally) warmed up enough in Farmington, KY to go for a swim. In anticipation of this moment, I bought some swimming diapers for Shepherd. While cooking dinner Tuesday night, BJ said he was going to take Shepherd for a swim. I told him where I had put the Little Swimmers, and he promptly let me know just how pointless he thought diapers for swimming were. According to him, they aren't going to keep any urine or anything else out of our pool, and they basically served no purpose whatsoever. The next thing I knew, this was the view from my kitchen window:


In his characteristic, no-nonsense style, BJ decided going commando was a much more sensible option for Shepherd.


I joined BJ and his little skinny dipper the next evening. But as soon as swimming time was over, I wrapped my baby in a fluffy towel.

Although Shepherd will most likely one day be glad I wrapped him up quickly, he'll probably never forgive me for this blog post.

2 comments:

John said...

That first picture makes it look like your child is part frog.

Cathy Newman said...

Babies love dippin' to the water. And I like the look on Shepherd's face; he looks kinda shocked and curious with what's going on, but soooo adorable!! He looks like more of his dad, actually.