Saturday, June 04, 2011

Why it has been FOREVER since I posted last

Sorry everyone for the dry spell, but BJ, Shepherd, and I have been on the road. To make a long story short, BJ's grandfather has been diagnosed with cancer, and it is a very serious situation. BJ and I have been married almost five years, and it turns out that is long enough to really love your in-laws like they are just plain old family. All of my grandparents have passed away, so it has been a pleasure having BJ's grandparents as my own, and his grandfather is truly an exemplar of what a family patriarch should be. He loves his family fiercely, and he quietly takes care of them behind the scenes in a way that is truly humbling. Please keep him and the rest of the Gensics in your prayers. They are special people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting. You said such wonderful things about grandpa and our family. I was able to read your wonderful thoughts and sentiments to grandpa. He truly was moved.

Alison