Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just returned

After over a week of family time, we have just returned to Ardmore.  Two Fridays ago, we headed down to Ft. Worth for a weekend with my family, and then we went to Alton, IL, last Sunday for a week with BJ's family.  We had a wonderful time, and I was fully intending on posting some pictures, but I forgot to get my camera out of the van, and BJ has the van at work this morning.  Sorry.

Suffice it to say, it has been a wonderfully relaxing and revitalizing week and a half.  It was wonderful seeing so much family, Shepherd just seems to thrive when he is around his grandparents and aunts and uncles, and BJ, Shepherd, and I had fun spending so much time together since the past couple of months have been too busy for much family time. 

I want to take a second to tell my favorite story from the week.  One day while we were in Alton, Shepherd was happily digging in the kitchen trash can when I caught him from behind in the act.  I clapped my hands three times to get his attention and said a very stern, "No!"  He immediately turned around, clapped his hands once, pointed a little chubby finger at my, and gave my a equally stern and clear, "No!"  I had a very hard time not laughing.  As Shepherd is learning more and more words, it is becoming clear to me that we are entering a very entertaining phase.

No comments: