Thursday, June 21, 2012

I was recently approached my an arts organization that is interested in possible showing my work in Oklahoma City.  Today, I've been working on the application for the show.  One of the questions asked on the application was, "What makes your world go 'round?"  While applications are typically torture to fill out, I actually had a lot of fun answering this question.  Basically, it gave me an opportunity to think about everything that makes me happy.  So just for the fun of it, here is my list:

-The friendship I share with my husband, BJ.
-Listening to my son laugh while he tumbles around the floor with his father.  It is their post-work routine.
-Cooking food that my husband and son love.
-Feeling my baby girl move and watching her slow movements underneath the surface of my belly.
-The color wheel.
-Rolling hills in Southern Oklahoma.
-Memories of my grandmothers.
-Weekends with friends and family.
-Listening to my dad play old country songs on the piano.
-Long talks on the phone with my brother.
-Good books.
-The white spots of paper that show through on a completed watercolor painting.
-The relationships I’ve been able to maintain over the years with my college friends.
-The new relationships I am building here in Oklahoma.
-The Texas Hill Country.  It is where I was born and raised.
-Birds and flowers.
-Embroidering.
-Doing busy-work with my hands.
-The satisfaction of a well cut mat and a beautiful framing job.
-Ethnic foods.
-My son’s dimple-filled smile.
-Talking theology with my husband (he has a Masters of Divinity, so it is always interesting).
-NPR.
-The quilts that decorate every bedroom in my home that my mother and her mother made by hand.

(If you have a blog I follow (you know who you are), I'd be curious to see your list.)

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Great list! You know I'll take you up on the challenge. :)