Thursday, October 04, 2007

The lengths to which we will go to see The Office

BJ and I, like all newlyweds, are in a constant struggle to make ends meet. This has resulted in us not having cable for over two months. To compensate, we have rented DVD's of the NBC show The Office and watched them over and over and over again, and then we watched the deleted scenes and other special features over and over and over again - no, I am not exaggerating. The new season started a few weeks, so we have pretty much been going crazy not knowing what's up with Pam, Jim, Micheal, Dwight, etc. This lead me to Walmart tonight where I bought bunny ears. Unfortunately, NBC was the least clear of the major channels, so during commercial breaks, we had to get creative if we wanted a clearer picture. Here's what getting creative looked like...

...a bar stool, three pillows, bunny ears, and aluminum foil I literally had to dig out of the trash can because we had run out of it earlier today.

You may wonder what TV show could possibly push two people to this extreme, but it's more than just a TV show to us. It is the first TV show we have ever both liked. BJ and I don't have a ton in common, but we've got The Office. Also, tonight we had a moment in which I saw hope for us even beyond Dunder Mifflin. I had a coupon for a medium three-topping pizza from Mr. Jim's, so I asked BJ what toppings he wanted. He said: "I don't know about you, but I'd go for pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives." Of all the thousands of toppings in the world, those were the exact three I was thinking of!!!!!!!!! I did do the right thing marrying him!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Haha! I know exactly what you mean about watching The Office DVDs over and over again. We have seen every episode of seasons 1 and 2 and the deleted scenes at least 5 times, and we're already on our second round of season 3 (which came out about a month ago). It's a great show, and it's nice to just have little traditions that make weekdays more bearable.
I can't wait to see you on Friday!!!

Will Raz said...

As a fellow Office fanatic I salute your efforts in the pursuit of better television watching!