Thursday, October 11, 2007

What a week

Monday while taking a quick excursion to Walmart, I got in a wreck that totaled my car and did a pretty good number on me. After two months of barely maintaining hope and sanity in a town that is so contrary to everything I believe in, this wreck was a blow to not only my body, but to my spirit as well. The isolation of life in an urban area is mind-boggling, and the effects of a wreck (even a wreck that, thank God, I walked away from mostly unscathed) is terrifying long after the vibrations of the blow fizzle out.

God, as always, is watching out for us. I applied for substitute teaching yesterday to help with the financial strain of the wreck, and I was called today to come in. Also, BJ's co-workers have been really supportive through our ordeal. The problem is just that I'm not entirely sure how to walk away from that wreck, and I don't have the slightest idea how to live in a place without friends, family, or our church in Nugent. Before we left Abilene, I did a blog on all the things about Abilene I would miss. I was right; I miss all of those things. I just hope that by the time we leave Frisco, there will be things about this place that I will miss. I am beginning to think that a sense of loss is the best way to gage the success of one's life in a given place. Frisco has a lot of work to do to catch up with Abilene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the wreck. I am glad you are okay! Moving is hard! I have done it quite a bit. Three huge moves in thirty years. A few smaller ones too.From my experience it takes a year or two for anywhere to start seeming like a new "home". Yeah, it stinks for a while. BUT, I have never regretted what I have gained and learned from my moves. Hope you feel the same in a year or so! Love- Deborah