Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pictures of Shep (because that's what I do)

Due to traveling and being generally unsettled, it has been a while since I posted pictures of my sweet baby boy. Here are a few from the past month, just in case you were missing them.

First, I have a picture of Shepherd playing in the laundry room one of the last days we were in Kentucky. I just like his cute little face in this picture.

The last two nights in Kentucky, BJ and I slept on an air mattress. During one of the following days, Shepherd collapsed in exhaustion on the mattress. Moving is hard work.

After we left Kentucky, we headed to Marietta, Ohio, to spend time with BJ's sister, Alison, and her husband, Breandan. While there, we went to a park where Alison works, and we let Shepherd play. Shepherd went down his first slide.

We then put him on a rocking horse. At first, he was hesitant.

But after tasting it...
...he decided it was awesomesauce.

Then we tried out the swing. At first, he was simply curious about what new crazy thing we were strapping him into...

...but then he realized he could fly. He likes to fly.

This is him with the Gensics.

And this is him with his Great Grandma Gensic. It was a wonderful week.

Now with this next picture, you're probably saying to yourself, "I know all white babies look almost alike, but I'm pretty sure that isn't Shepherd." You would be correct. This is Emily Belisle. Near the end of the month, we made our way to Lubbock to spend time with BJ's best friends, Josh and Allison. Emily is their beautiful and wonderful daughter. Shepherd thought she was so beautiful and wonderful that he kissed her. Three times.

This is a picture of Shepherd being silly this morning. If you look really closely, you can see the tooth Shepherd just sprouted last week. We worked really hard for that tooth. In fact, I still feel a little resentment towards that tooth.
And this is my sweet almost-a-year-old son being funny with the camera this morning.

It's been a wild ride the past month. This post barely even scrapes the surface. All I know is, despite the fact that Shepherd makes regular chaos into crazy, over-the-top, apocalyptic chaos, I'm glad I got to do the last month with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pix. We mis you all so much. Can't wait to see you next weekend. Love you, Nana