Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Three Days to Go (and now for the hardest thing I've ever done)

When you read this title, you probably feared I was about to spend a whole post reminiscing about the pain of natural child birth. You can take a deep breath now, because that is not in fact the hardest thing I've ever done.

No, the hardest thing I've ever done is go through the hundreds of photos of Shepherd's first year and pick out my top ten favorites, but after hours of ignoring house work and my ever-lurking to-do list, I've managed to do just that. Drum roll, please.

10. Because I feel like I could just reach out and pinch that cute little baby's cheek.

9. Because he laughs the most when he's playing with BJ.

8. Because it reminds me that once upon a time, long, long ago, he slept.
7. Because I can use it later to show him that he spent much of his first summer naked, and that is irrefutable proof that we are awesome parents.
6. Because it reminds us that life is sometimes taxing even for a sweet baby (and by life I mean mom and her stupid camera).

5. Because we spent a lot of the past year just hangin'.
4. Because I've chosen to see this not as him laughing in the face of my baby-proofing attempt, but rather as an example of his advanced resourcefulness.

3. Because the day before my 20 week ultra sound, I told BJ I wanted a boy who looked just like him.
2. Because this is the first look he gave me.
1. Because when I think of Shepherd, this is the face I see.

No comments: