Thursday, October 13, 2011

Two Days to Go: The Present

Nesting is an important part of pregnancy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to set Shepherd up his own room in Farmington, so I had to make due with a corner of our bedroom. This is why I was really excited when we moved into our new house to set up Shepherd's room. It took a year, but for Shepherd's main birthday present, he is getting a room of his own.

My parents were kind enough to paint Shepherd's room for us the day before we arrived in Ardmore. Over the past two weeks, I've put together the pieces of his room. As of five minutes ago, it is officially finished. Here it is.

First, I painted some letters to spell out his name above his crib.



Then, I finally had a place to hang the Great Dane painting I did for Shepherd when I was pregnant.


I also made curtains. These did not come out well in the photo. They are denim with a white ribbon with little dog foot prints.

Lastly, I painted a giant weanie dog. It seemed like the thing to do.


Shep likes his room. He mainly likes the toys in his room. He likes to play with his toys in his room, preferably with no pants on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kalyn,
This turned out soooooooo very cute. Looks like a little boys room. So glad you got it finished in time for his birthday.
Love you,
Mom

Kayla said...

Very cute! I love the letters above the crib.