Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I like gooey things

Well, he didn't get the job, so it's back to applying for about a bajillion a week (I like making up numbers).

I won't lie. It was pretty devistating for me after he got two call backs only to be turned down on Monday. I sniffled in my corner of the library while I was at work, and this time it wasn't because I was too cold. After ten months of BJ getting turned down for jobs, it is really hard to not wonder if God gives a...

But BJ has taken it amazingly well, again. His persistent contentment and hopefulness forces me to remember that God does indeed give a...

...and even a bit more than that. Today started out horribly. I couldn't hardly stay awake in my classes because I was up late at the hospital with a friend who went into a false labor of sorts. To make matters worse, I felt really sick (apparently, stress can be linked to constipation. Sorry for the rude detail). Anyways, so I was in Art History feeling sick and bruised from yesterday when I finally managed to wake up long enough to see some really beautiful Picasso paintings. As soon as class was let out, I ran upstairs in the Art building and worked for about two hours on the painting of a still life we are doing in one of my classes. It isn't due anytime soon, so it wasn't really necessary. But the gooey oil paint spreading over the course canvas felt so good, I couldn't stop. One day I'm going to look back on that painting and think how horrible it is since it is one of my first attempts, but I don't care. Today it was my therapist.

3 comments:

Emerald Lemmons said...

Sorry about the job...I know after ten months of searching all the happy, hopeful, "God really does give a ..." comments I could make would be completely useless. So I won't say them.

Anonymous said...

*hugs* And yay for art therapy. Someday you can sell the early masterpieces for a small fortune and then this period of stress and broke-ness and all will have REALLY paid off. (Yeah, I know, eternal optimist, that's me. Sorry about that!)

Kayla said...

I'm sorry. I am praying for God to show you in creative ways that you never imagined how much he loves you and wants to provide for you. But I know it's hard waiting for that. My parents had a very difficult financial situation when they were first married. They always said, "We made it through that; we can make it through anything." So, I guess a stronger marriage is one good thing that will come out of this. It still sucks, though, especially when you're in the situation.