Thursday, October 12, 2006

My life is one big to-do list

I can sum up the past week in three words: I did homework. That is a sad life. And to top it off, here is the must-have-done-by-Tuesday list:

read two books of poetry
write a paper on each book
write four poems (last time this took about four hours)
read 42 additional poems and write down at least one favorite line from each poem
write an essay in Spanish
read two (giganto) chapters in Art History
finish (a very unfinished) painting
study for Monday's mid-term exam in Art for Elementary teachers
make a pop-up card for the above class.

Let me clarify that this is not the should-do list. This is the must-have-done-by-Tuesday list.

Oh, and on top of all of this, I am playing the piano for a friends wedding Monday night, which, of course, means rehearsal on Sunday.

I should end this post with an optimistic "On the bright side..." paragraph. But I don't want to. So if I've ruined your day by complaining, go eat chocolate. At least, that's my plan. Then, I'm going to cuddle up with Tony and one of those books I'm supposed to be reading and fall asleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not a sad life, it is a very exciting life. At the end of all this you will end up with a college degree (which neither your mom or dad have), this is exciting.
We are very proud of you.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there hon - it does all end eventually, and then you start doing exciting things like "reading for fun" again! You're in our thoughts and prayers as you try to get everything finished up. Can you guys still come over for lunch on Sunday?

Unknown said...

Let me tell you about my post-graduate life to-do list. Monday: get up, eat, apply for job, sleep.... I love being done with school. But, alas, you've ruined my day. I'm going to go have one of the brownies I made.

Kayla said...

It was fun talking with you and BJ last night. I hope you got at least some of your homework done. We're halfway through the semester. Yay! And I agree with you...sometimes chocolate is the only thing that helps. (And hula hooping, I've discovered).