Thursday, August 10, 2006

Learning to live with a man and his toys

The other day, I asked BJ if he wanted to take Sienna for a walk. His response was “Yah, just let me finish with my gummy ship.”

Reader, meet the incredibly geeky, boyish side of my twenty-seven year old husband.

BJ has been glued to the futon the past few days riveted by a video game he is playing on the Play Station 2 our friends, Josh and Allie, gave us as our wedding gift. It is the same video game that has gummy ships and a wide array of Disney characters. BJ was trying to explain an “interesting” facet to this game, and I was really trying to act interested, but I knew it was going down hill when he said “Oh, you haven’t seen Star Trek. Well they have ships that…” He concluded this video game tale laughing and saying “It was hilarious”. He then stared at my confused expression, and declared that he can tell I don’t care. Should I try harder to fake caring, or just accept that we are truly in different zones at times?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm curious. I also have the Gensic surname. Live in North Carolina and pulled this up while searching on google. Where did your Gensic originate?

Anonymous said...

A Message from "The Husband:" Well...where to begin...before WW1 my great grandfather, Ignatious Geusic (called Iggy) took his brother's passport and smuggled himself from Croatia to the US. He followed the railroad tracks from the east coast to Chicago, and from there to Markle, Indiana, where his son, my grandfather, still lives. My great grandfather got lonely and wrote back to his parents asking them to mail over a bride, which they did. they had 9 children (I think). His last name was changed from Geusic to Gensic because he didn't speak very much english and his hand writing was awful, so when the train company he worked for gave him his pay check it was to Ignatious Gensic. Hence where my "Gensic" comes from.

Anonymous said...

Now you know what it's like to be married to a Gensic man. You got the gamer and I got the chemist. Same look on my face all the time.
Love you.