Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Am I like Tony, or is Tony like me?

My question tonight is did I raise Tony to be evil, or is Tony rubbing off on me and making me evil? Because I'm pretty sure we have both occupied this catagory today.

Tony was evil today in the same way an alarm clock is evil. Literally. At five o'clock this morning, BJ and I were awoken by the insesent mewing of Tony on our window sill. I could not find any apparent reason for this mewing. But then again, when has Tony ever acted on reason?

I, too, have been incredibly irritating tonight. With all of my friend and brother going home for a little while before summer ends, it occured to me that for the first time ever, I won't be spending an extended period of time at home to end my summer. And on top of this, my Dad is having some heart problems. So in order to cope with homesickness, I have resorted to just being annoying. It seems I have interesting ways of coping with the changes that come with married life. I finally started feeling so sorry for my exhausted husband that I came in here to blog.

On a positive note, BJ was telling me about the sermon he is doing for a guest preaching position this weekend, and it sounds really good. It is a life-sucks-but-it's-okay sermon. And it occured to me that despite the fact that we are living as BJ put it "not from paycheck to paycheck but from bill to bill", I don't think any amount of money could actually improve my state of contentment right now. I am liking where I'm at and who I am with while I am here. So, I guess I am going further into the territory my friend Allie referred to as "sappy wifedom". That's okay.

No comments: