Thursday, August 24, 2006

Did I mention he's musical

Well, I’ve been waiting for Tony to cross “that” line with BJ, the invisible one that would put him forever on BJ’s bad side. He made it through a month with out crossing boundaries, but yesterday morning I woke up to find my cat on the other side.

And it wasn’t how I expected. Before living with BJ, Tony had a vast number of habits that I figured would eventually cost him his life with BJ, such as tearing up a roll of tissue paper ever two days, attacking my feet every morning at about five, and just generally attacking any body part you accidentally move. I became adept in those months at sitting completely still and not breathing. But he has given up all of these habits in what I am guessing is fear of his step-father. No, how he got himself in trouble was far less violent. You see, what he did was meow. That’s right. Every morning at 5 o’clock, Tony sits on the window sill by our bed and meows as loudly has he possibly can. None stop. With passion.

I’d like to think that Tony is getting in touch with his more sensitive side, but BJ seems unimpressed. He woke up grouchy yesterday morning and declared that Tony will for now on be shut out from our bedroom at night. Somehow, I don’t think this will keep fluffy, musical genius out of mischief. I’ve taught him better than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My beautiful wife forgot to mention that Tony also paws at the mini-blinds while experimenting with his musical "talants"....

Kayla said...

Haha! I love that you called BJ Tony's "step-father." It sounds like you have this little blended family, which I guess is true. But it just sounds funny.