Saturday, September 02, 2006

A piano with a side of slurpy, please

I was really excited yesterday because I got a new piece of sheet music for the piano that I’ve been wanting for months. It is the song my bridesmaids walked into: “Buon Giarno Principessa” from Life is Beautiful. As soon as I printed it off my computer, I ran to the living room and started trying to learn it on my old, trusty piano.

The song is slow and mesmerizing, so I was loosing myself in the music when real life crept in: loud slurping noises floated towards me from my left as Sienna squelched a sudden, tremendous thirst. You might think that this would have ruined my song, and I believe a year ago I would have thought so, too. But somehow it made it better. The sounds of life mingled with the graceful, calming sound of a piano is exactly what I want to hear on my life's soundtrack. I continued playing my songs in the midst of my often chaotic home, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

(However, as a side note, I’m not sure Tony agrees with me. I’m pretty sure he attacked Sienna immediately following her musical performance.)

No comments: